Our expert bariatric team will support you from the first time you contact us. We will help you go through assessment and understand, which type of bariatric surgery is the right choice for you. We will advise, how to prepare and what to expect after the surgery. We will be in a longterm commitment with you.
Weight Loss Latvia gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy operations are performed by team of two excellent, professional general and bariatric surgeons, experienced anaesthetics, and bariatric surgery nurses. Prompt support is always provided by our experienced patient coordinator Ilva.
Certified general and bariatric surgeon
- Head of the surgery department at the Sigulda Hospital
- Speaks fluent Russian, English, Latvian
Doctor’s professional licenses and organisations:
- General Medical Council of the UK – member Nr.6132416.
- The Latvian Association of Surgeons
- The right to practice as a Surgeon in the whole territory of the Republic of Latvia. Certificate Nr.63609
- Since 2006 Sigulda Hospital, head of surgery ward.
- 2015 Watford General Hospital, UK, surgeon.
- 2004-2006 Sigulda, Hospital, general surgeon.
- 2009 Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, surgeon, UK.
- Since 2006 Riga Stradins University, Cross Medical College, guest lecturer.
- 2000-2005 Ogre Regional Hospital, surgeon, emergency surgeon at the surgery department.
- 1999 – 2000 Riga emergency medicine station.
- 1994-1996 Riga Samaritan Association, first aid course instructor.
- 2019 American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress 2019, San Francisco, CA, US.
- 2019 Hernia treatment, Latvian Surgeons’ Association conference.
- 2019 EMEA Advanced Course in Bariatrics – SADI-S, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2018 The 2nd Swiss Hernia Day’s, Basel, Swiss Confederation.
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity :
2018 XXIII World Congress, Dubai
2014 XIX World Congress, Montreal Canada
2013 XVIII World Congress, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2017 The 4th Nordic/Baltic Bariatric Meeting Reykjavik, Iceland.
- 2017 Surgical training institute, Ponderas Academic Hospital, Surgical and perioperative management of a bariatric patient, Clinical immersion.
- 2017 Obesity Week, Washington, USA.
- 2016 Advanced Course in Revisional Procedures and Management of Complex Cases in Bariatric Surgery, AZ Sint Jan Hospital Bruges, Belgium.
- 2016 The 4th Baltic Bariatric Symposium, Riga.
- 2015 The 8th International Conference on Diabetes and Obesity, Riga.
- 2013 The 3rd Baltic Bariatric Symposium, Tallinn, Estonia.
- 2013 The 7th International Conference on Diabetes and Obesity, Riga.
- 2012 Bariatric Surgery Masterclass, Elancourt, France.
- 2010 Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Course, Kaunas, Lithuania.
Read more What’s included in the surgery package.
Certified general and bariatric surgeon
- Member of the board of the Riga 1st Hospital
- Member of the board of the Latvian Surgeons Association
- President of Latvian Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeons Association
- Doctor speaks Latvian, Russian, English
Dr. Zarinovs is one of the leading general and bariatric surgeons in Latvia. Working daily at the Riga 1st Hospital Dr. Zarinovs is regularly attending qualification courses and has gained a wide surgical experience also in Germany, USA and UK. Dr. Zarinovs is one of the pioneers in using laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery method in Latvia since 1994. Dr. Zarinovs performs bariatric surgeries since 2007 and today is one of the leading bariatric surgeons in Latvia. Dr. Zarinovs is skilled in Lap Band, Gastric Bypass and Gastric Sleeve surgeries.
Doctor anaesthesiologist – reanimatologist
Head of department of anaesthesiology at the Sigulda Hospital. Doctor with more than 30 years experience in anaesthesiology.
Nurse of the surgery department at the Sigulda Hospital
Nurse of the surgery department of the Sigulda Hospital
Patient coordinator in Latvia
Ilva works as a weight loss surgery patient coordinator for the Sigulda Hospital since 2010. She is the person who will meet you at the Riga airport in Latvia, book your treatment, health examinations and provide all necessary support while you are in Latvia and also afterwards.
Call Ilva +371 25767471 or write firstname.lastname@example.org